Handcrafted in the USA using the highest quality NO VOC pigments in the industry. DIY Paint ™ is velvety soft, lusciously creamy, and creates a luxurious color dimension you have to see to believe. DIY Paint ™ is eco-friendly containing only (9) nine total ingredients, all-natural clay, and chalk-based paint.
What should I buy if I am just starting out?
DIY Paint Starter Pack:
- Choose 1 black and 1 white paint. Little Black Dress is a true black, Black Velvet is a softer black. White Swan is a true white. If you prefer off-white I like Crinoline (more ivory) or Vintage Linen (subtle off-white)
- Choose 2-3 colors you like. This is the hard part. Check out the color chart above to help you.
- Top Coat & Wax - Big Top is a durable liquid topcoat that protects any surface. I use it on the top of all my pieces. I would also purchase a clear wax. Wax finishes a piece like nothing else and brings the paint to life. Once you learn the basics you can explore colored waxes.
- Brushes - Choose a basic brush to apply paint like the Smooth Talker from DIY Paint, or my favorite the Dream #8 from Paint Pixie. You will also need a wax brush. I like the Short & Sweet Wax Brush from DIY Paint or the JRV #20 Stencil Brush which can also be used to stencil.
- Want to Blend Paint? I would also recommend a blending brush like the Sampler or the DIY Paint Blending Brush and a Water Girl Fine Mist Spray Bottle.
- Brush Cleaner - Don't forget to get good soap to keep your brushes nice. I love the Suds Soap from Paint Pixie or the DIY Paint Brush Cleaner.
I also have a whole playlist of videos on YouTube to help you every step of the way.
Hope this helps you to get started! Happy Painting!
Why DIY Paint?
ONE STEP PROCESS
DIY Paint ™ is of the highest quality clay and chalk-based paint on the market, and competitively priced! NO SANDING, NO PRIMING! If you have ever labored over sanding and then priming a piece before you even begin the fun part, you can appreciate how much time and backache this feature saves you! Besides being all-natural, eliminating these steps converted me to chalk paint for good! Well, that and the gorgeous results!
DIY Paint ™ does not contain any Latex or Acrylic!
ONLY 9 INGREDIENTS + LOVE!
DIY Paint is clay and chalk-based with a high-quality dream finish. After just a simple application, I’ve transformed pieces from trash to treasures, and have seen people who claim to have no talent impress themselves with professional-looking results, as well as surprise their families.
1. Clean & Dry object to be painted.
2. Remove lid & stir thoroughly. (Sometimes you don't even need to stir our paint! It's that good)
3. Apply one coat & allow to dry. (15 min to a few hours to dry, depending on the climate)
4. Apply a second coat, if needed.
5. Allow the second coat to dry.
6. Seal surface with the DIY Paint finishing product.
DO NOT FREEZE!
Normal shipping time: orders usually go out within 10 business days, if a delay happens you will be informed. Thank you for your patience.